Entertainment Daypop Archives

‘House of Cards’ Season 6 Teaser Celebrates Robin Wright’s “Independence” From Kevin Spacey

Netflix released a new House of Cards season 6 teaser to coincide with July 4, building up hype for a Claire Underwood-centric season and made a nod to Kevin Spacey‘s firing. In the clip, it states that Claire Underwood has a special Fourth of July message to the country: “Happy Independence Day. To me.” The brief teaser, which depicts Claire proudly sitting atop a marble throne then fades to black with the text #MyTurn appearing on the screen. Frank (Spacey’s character), was the protagonist of the series for five seasons but resigned from the presidency at the end of season 5, allowing Claire to take command. In the final moments of season 5, Claire turned to the camera to break the fourth wall for the first time in the series. “My turn,” Claire declared.  House of Cards season 6 will feature Michael Kelly, Jayne Atkinson, Patricia Clarkson, Constance Zimmer, Derek Cecil, Campbell Scott and Boris McGiver, all of whom appeared in previous seasons of the show. Newcomers to the cast include Diane Lane, Greg Kinnear and Cody Fern.. ...Read Full Story

Kevin Spacey Accused Of Sexual Assault By 3 More Men

Three more men have come forward to accuse actor Kevin Spacey of sexual assault.  The incidents allegedly took place in England dating back to the mid-1990s. One of the men told police that Spacey assaulted him in Westminster in 1996. Another alleges that Spacey assaulted him in 2008 in the London borough of Lambeth, which is near the Old Vic Theatre where the actor was an artistic director at the time. The third man says that Spacey assaulted him in Gloucester in 2013. All three men reported their alleged assaults to police in April and February. The cases are reportedly being investigated by the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command. London police confirmed in January that the former “House of Cards” actor was being investigated after three sexual assault accusations. These new allegations bring the total to six. Last year, actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of sexually harassing him in 1986 when he was 14 and Spacey was 26.  Spacey did not deny that the incident took place and publicly declared he is gay for the first time in a statement, and in November, a spokesperson for Spacey said the actor “is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment” and “no other information is available at this time.”. ...Read Full Story

Three Charged In Kidnapping Of ‘Halloween’ Actress Daisy McCrackin

Three people have been indicted for allegedly kidnapping actress Daisy McCrackin and actor Joseph Capone. The Halloween: Resurrection star and Capone were allegedly abducted at her home in May 2017 by Keith Stewart and Johntae Jones, who are also accused of pistol-whipping Joseph and forcing both of them into a car. During the alleged kidnapping, Capone was reportedly assaulted. McCrackin was allegedly taken to two Bank of America branches by Jones and Amber Neal and forced to withdrawal $100 and write a cheque for $10,000. The suspects also allegedly stole McCrackin’s 2011 Lexus before they took her home. On Monday, Neal was arrested and is being held on $1 million bail. Jones and Stewart have also been detained and are being held on $3 million and $2 million bail, respectively.. ...Read Full Story

‘Keep Families Together’ March Draws Celebrities Nationwide

At more than 600 locations, hundreds of thousands of people turned out across the U.S. Saturday to rally for immigrant families to demand that the government reunite kids separated from their parents at the border. Celebrities were among the masses at “Keep Families Together” marches in NYC, Washington D.C. and L.A, including Kerry Washington, Amy Schumer, Padma Lakshmi, Lin-Manuel Miranda, America Ferrera and Lea Thompson. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen were in attendance in L.A., and the singer gave a short speech about not giving up the fight for families before debuting a new song.. ...Read Full Story

Cast Of “Breaking Bad” To Reunite At San Diego Comic-Con For Show’s 10th Anniversary

The cast of AMC’s hit series “Breaking Bad” will return to the San Diego Convention Center this year for a 10th-anniversary reunion. Series stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are set to return with the show’s A-star lineup, including Dean Norris, Anna Gunn, Bob Odenkirk, Giancarlo Esposito, Betsy Brandt, Jonathan Banks, and RJ Mitte. Series creator Vince Gilligan will also be in town for the Q&A panel. The panel also joins AMC’s “Better Call Saul,” the “Breaking Bad” spin-off following Odenkirk’s character, for a panel scheduled for an hour prior. Fans recall the series follows New Mexico chemistry teacher Walter White’s (Cranston) fall into the drug trade, as he tries to secure a financial future for his family after a cancer diagnosis. In addition to the reunion, an exclusive vinyl LP with score highlights from series composer Dave Porter will also be released at Comic-Con. The last time Comic-Con fans saw “Breaking Bad” at Comic-Con was in 2013, when the series’ final season aired. . ...Read Full Story

Tim Allen Reveals ‘Last Man Standing’ Season 7 Premiere Date On Fox

On Thursday, Tim Allen shared on Twitter that  “Last Man Standing” officially has a premiere date. “Mark your calendar for Sept. 28th! @LastManStanding #LastManStanding,” he captioned a picture of himself holding actress Nancy Travis, who plays his wife on the show.  Last month, it was announced the series was picked up by Fox for Season 7 after ABC canceled the popular show. “When I heard the offer to create more episodes of ‘Last Man Standing,’ I did a fist pump so hard I threw my back out,” he admitted. “It’s the fans! I could not be more grateful for the fans who wrote petitions and kept up the passion and incredible support for the show.” Along with Allen and Travis, the show’s original cast, Jonathan Adams, Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders and Jordan Masterson, will also return. The show is expected to air at 8 p.m. when it finally returns after more than a year off the air.. ...Read Full Story

‘Flip or Flop’ Star Christina El Moussa Lands New HGTV Solo Series

Flip or Flop star Christina El Moussa revealed on Wednesday that she will star in a new HGTV series. The 34-year-old television personality said on Instagram that she’s “so excited” to star in her own new show, Christina on the Coast. “I’m so excited to announce my new series on HGTV called Christina on the Coast, which will debut in early 2019!” she wrote. “I will be helping homeowners redesign their outdated properties into beautiful spaces! #ChristinaOnTheCoast #HGTV.” HGTV confirmed the news in a press release. The network said Christina on the Coast will consist of eight episodes and follow El Moussa as she expands her design business in Southern California.  El Moussa split from husband and Flip or Flop co-star Tarek El Moussa in December 2016 after seven years of marriage. The pair remained co-stars for the new season of their show that debuted this past May. Tarek El Moussa is also in talks for a new HGTV series.. ...Read Full Story

Joe Jackson, Patriarch Of Musical Jackson Family, Dies At 89

Joseph “Joe” Jackson, the patriarch who launched the musical Jackson family dynasty, died Wednesday at a Las Vegas hospital. He was 89. Jackson was the father of and at times manager to pop stars Michael and Janet Jackson, along with the sibling singing group, The Jackson 5. No cause of death has been released, but Jackson had reportedly been in ill health. Jackson married his wife, Katherine, in 1949. They moved into into a home on Jackson Street in Gary, Indiana, the following year, where they welcomed their first of 10 children, Maureen “Rebbie” Jackson.Rebbie was followed by Sigmund “Jackie” Jackson in 1951, Toriano “Tito” Jackson in 1953, Jermaine Jackson in 1954, La Toya Jackson in 1956, Marlon Jackson in 1957, Michael Jackson in 1958, Steven Randall “Randy” Jackson in 1961 and Janet Jackson in 1966.. ...Read Full Story

Oscars Awards Aims To Boost Diversity With 928 New Member Invitations

The group behind the prestigious Oscars film awards has invited 928 artists and executives to join the Academy Awards body – almost half of whom are women. Of those invited by the US Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, just over a third are from minorities. The move is part of a plan to double the number of women and ethnic minorities in the Academy by 2020. Women on the list include Jada Pinkett Smith, Amy Schumer, Ann Dowd, Christine Baranski, Tiffany Haddish and Sarah Silverman. Listed notable male stars include African-American comedian Dave Chappelle, actor Daniel Kaluuya, who was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in Get Out, and French-American actor Timothée Chalamet, who starred in the film Call Me By Your Name.. ...Read Full Story

Actor Terry Crews Brings His Fights Against Sexual Assault To Capitol Hill

Actor Terry Crews recounted his story of sexual assault, as he appeared before a Senate committee hearing to advocate for the “Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights.” Crews told lawmakers on Tuesday that even as a former NFL linebacker and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star, “I sit here as an example” of survivors. Crews said, “This happened to me, too.” The “Survivors’ Bill of Rights” would create special protections for sexual assault survivors, including not charging survivors for an examination, preserving rape kits for 20 years or the maximum applicable statute of limitations, and providing survivors with written notification before a rape kit is disposed of. Crews told senators of his assailant that “the assault lasted only minutes, but what he was effectively telling me while he held my genitals in his hand was that he held the power. That he was in control.” Crews says the assault happened during a 2016 party he attended with his wife. “I was sexually assaulted by a successful Hollywood agent,” he said candidly. He previously has identified the perpetrator as Adam Venit, who at the time headed the motion picture department at William Morris Endeavor.. ...Read Full Story