Entertainment Daypop Archives

Celebrity Chef Mario Batali Steps Away From “The Chew” And His Restaurants Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Celebrity chef Mario Batali is stepping away from the TV show “The Chew” and the day-to-day operations of his restaurant empire after a report detailed sexual misconduct allegations from multiple women spanning at least two decades. In an investigation published Monday by food website Eater, four women — three of whom had worked for Batali in some capacity — said he touched them inappropriately.  Batali did not deny the allegations against him, saying in a statement Monday that “although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted.”. ...Read Full Story

Disney-Pixar’s “Coco” Tops Box Office For Third-Straight Week

For the third weekend in a row, Disney•Pixar’s Coco wins the domestic box office with $18.3 million to bring its North American total to $135.5 million. The global total for Coco is now $390 million. Directed by Lee Unkrich and co-directed by Adrian Molina, Coco features the voices of Anthony Gonzalez, Benjamin Bratt, Gael Garcia Bernal, Edward James Olmos, Alanna Ubach, and more.. ...Read Full Story

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” World Premieres In Los Angeles

The Star Wars family was back together again Saturday, December 9 for the world premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Director Rian Johnson and his team unveiled the film for the first public screening, which received positive reactions from USC’s Shrine Auditorium. Stars on hand included Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong’o and Kelly Marie Tran.  After the film, which was dedicated to the memory of Carrie Fisher, the crowd celebrated with an after party that included a number of poignant moments.  “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” opens in theaters on December 15.. ...Read Full Story

Jimmy Kimmel’s Son Billy ‘Recovering Well’ After 2nd Heart Surgery

Neil Patrick Harris filled in for Jimmy Kimmel last night on his show, and had some good news to share with fans. Kimmel’s infant son Billy is “recovering well” after his second heart surgery earlier this week, Harris said. “I’m thrilled his son Billy’s heart operation was a success. Jimmy told me today that the respirator is out,” he said. This new update comes a few days after Kimmel’s show rep told ABC News that Billy had undergone a “scheduled and successful” heart surgery. Kimmel is taking time off to be with his family. Guest hosts like Harris will be filling in during his absence.. ...Read Full Story

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Establishes New Standards Of Conduct Post-Weinstein Scandal

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has established new standards of conduct for its members after allegations of sexual misconduct have roiled Hollywood in recent months. Academy chief executive officer Dawn Hudson sent a letter to its members Wednesday night, outlining the standards expected to be upheld by the roughly 8,500 members.The industry has been rocked by scandals that has reverberated beyond Hollywood since October when the New York Times and the New Yorker broke stories that included explosive sexual misconduct allegations against movie producer Harvey Weinstein. . ...Read Full Story

Corey Feldman’s Audio Files Naming Alleged Sexual Predators Have Been Found by Police

Audio files of Corey Feldman naming alleged sexual predators in 1993 have been found by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s office, according to reports. During an appearance on The Dr. Oz Show last month, Feldman revealed that he had told the police he was sexually assaulted in 1993; however, the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s office admitted said they didn’t have any record of Feldman’s accusations. 4 years ago, Feldman claimed in his 2013 memoir, Coreyography, that he and his best friend at the time, fellow child actor Corey Haim, had been sexually abused by people in the industry.. ...Read Full Story

Gwyneth Paltrow Claims Harvey Weinstein Used Her Name To Lure Women

Gwyneth Paltrow says that Harvey Weinstein’s mistreatment of her went beyond the alleged incident in a Beverly Hills hotel room. The New York Times released a follow-up article about the numerous sexual harassment and assault allegations against the former movie mogul; in it, Paltrow claims that she’s heard that Weinstein used to repeatedly boast about having sex with her to coerce other women into sleeping with him. Paltrow tells the Times that hearing that Weinstein was spreading lies about her was devastating. “He’s not the first person to lie about sleeping with someone,” she says. “But he used the lie as an assault weapon.”. ...Read Full Story

John Mayer Hospitalized for Emergency Appendectomy

Singer John Mayer was hospitalized early Tuesday morning for an emergency appendectomy. “Early this morning, John Mayer was admitted into the hospital for emergency appendectomy forcing the Dead & Company December 5th concert in New Orleans to be postponed,” a representative said in a statement. The 40-year-old Mayer has been on tour with Grateful Dead offshoot Dead & Company since early last month. The New Orleans show slated for Tuesday evening was the third-to-last show of the string of gigs, initially set to conclude Dec. 8 in Sunrise, Florida. So far, Dead & Company’s Dec. 7 and 8 concerts have not been postponed or canceled.. ...Read Full Story

Netflix Fires Danny Masterson From ‘The Ranch’ Amid Sexual Assault Allegations

Netflix announced its show The Ranch will be continuing without actor Danny Masterson in 2018. The actor who stars alongside Ashton Kutcher has been under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department after at least four women accused him of sexually assault in the early 2000s. The investigation has been ongoing since March. “As a result of ongoing discussions, Netflix and the producers have written Danny Masterson out of The Ranch,” a Netflix spokesperson said.  Masterson said he was “very disappointed” by the decision.. ...Read Full Story

‘House of Cards’ Production To Resume Without Kevin Spacey

Netflix has decided to move forward with the final season of “House of Cards” without Kevin Spacey.  Netflix announced Monday that the upcoming sixth and final season of the acclaimed drama will begin production early in the new year. Season six will consist of eight episodes starring Robin Wright as Claire Underwood. The future of the series has been in limbo and production had been put on hold since Oct. 31st, after sexual misconduct allegations against Spacey surfaced in late October.. ...Read Full Story