The Michigan House has approved a package of bills to limit the sale and distribution of nitrous oxide containers, which are said to be snorted for a fleeting-high by the state’s youth. State Representative Stephanie Chang spoke with Michigan News Network about the legislation.
“It was a team effort with a number of community leaders, law enforcement, and others to craft the legislation,” Chang said.
The Detroit Democrat says inhaling the compressed gas could cause brain damage or even death. She adds the Michigan Senate will recognize the urgency of this legislation by acting quickly on it.