Authorities in Allegan County are investigating a fire in Valley Township that killed a 23-year-old man. A single wide trailer caught fire shortly after midnight Thursday, and a sheriff’s deputy noticed William Hedges laying about 15 feet from the home. He had been burned and was unable to move on his own. He was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The fire started in the kitchen, and the sheriff’s department says everyone who was home at the time suffered some degree of smoke inhalation. Hedges lived in the home on 117th Avenue near 43rd Street with his parents. The area is about 25 miles northeast of South Haven.