Fire Damages Bangor Township Home

A home in Bangor Township suffered heavy damage in a fire on Friday afternoon. South Haven Area Emergency Services says the Bangor Community Fire Department responded to the scene on 70th Street near 39th Avenue around 4:40 p.m. The fire had started in the kitchen when some cooking oil overheated. The residents escaped unharmed, but a family cat was killed in the fire. Bangor firefighters were assisted by firefighters from Covert Township and South Haven Area Emergency Services.